- In Pro Tools, go to Preferences/Audio, then set H/W Buffer Size to 1024 samples or more.
In windows, you may have to click on Hardware Setup to select the audio buffer size.
- In SPAT, go to Preferences -> Hardware IO, and set up the following parameters:
- Device: None
- External Sampling Rate: Enabled
- Block Size: Set the same value as in Pro Tools (1024)
- To set up a LIVE session to work with SPAT Revolution using the Local Audio Path mode. Insert the SPAT Send and Return plugins, then click on the Configure button and enable the Local Audio Path option on all Send and Return plugins used.
- All Send and Return plugin instances are now displayed in the Spat Revolution setup page.
- Select all the objects (keyboard command: cmd/ctrl + A), then click on the Connect Selected button (keyboard command: cmd/ctrl + L)
Now everything is set up and the audio should be returned back to Pro Tools again.
Here is a basic Pro Tools project with 8 audio Send tracks and 2 Stereo Return tracks.
To use automation, you need to activate the parameters for each plugin instance first:
You can save time and avoid doing this, by enabling this option in Protools. When inserting a plugin, all its parameters will then be available for automation: