Hardware setup :
To work properly and avoid any sync issue, the playback engine buffer size must be set to the same value, in both Protools and Ableton LIVE. 1024 samples or more is a good value to start when mixing.
- In Live, go to Preferences/Audio, then set H/W Buffer Size to 1024 samples or more. On windows, you may have to click on 'hardware setup' to select the audio buffer size.
- In Spat, go to Preferences/Hardware IO, then set :
- Device : None
- External Sampling Rate : Enabled
- Block Size: set the same value as in Ableton LIVE
Please note that you may have to close/restart Spat to ensure that everyting is properly saved and applied.
Session setup and routing :
Before starting, please read this article first explaining good practices for DAW routing in order to avoid sync issues with Spat Revolution.
- Setup a LIVE session to work with Spat Revolution, using the Local Audio Path mode, is pretty simple. Just add Send and Return plugin, click on 'configure' button, then enable the 'Local Audio Path' option for each.
- Automation parameters should be listed now.
- Send and Return plugins instances are now showing up in Spat Revolution setup page
- Select all the objects (cmd/ctrl + A), then clic on the 'connect selected' button (cmd/ctrl + L)
Now you should get the audio back to LIVE.