Before all, please install the latest version of Spat Revolution application and Spat Revolution Plugins for S6L. See this article to install plugins on your VENUE engine.
S6L - SPAT Send plugins :
As a first step, please load the attached SPAT REVIEW AVID.DSH show file with 64 instances of SPAT Send (inserted on channels 1-64). Channels 1-64 Post fader direct outs are feeding to AVB 65-128 and MADI 1-64. 2 options for the audio path.
Well the PI interface doesn’t have much.
- Index refers to the object number in SPAT application. Automatically generated every time their is a new instance. (Can be changed by snapshot too)
- In IP. Pull down will allow you to choose the ethernet interface you will be listening to OSC commands in the S6L coming from SPAT (you will need this address for SPAT application later) yes, object properties moved in SPAT updates the S6L PI!
- In Port#: It needs to be the corresponding Port# on your Out Port in the SPAT application preference (more on this later)
- Out IP. 169.254.x.x (whatever your SPAT application MAC is)
- Out Port#: It needs to be the corresponding Port# on your In Port in the SPAT application preference (more on this later)
- Second Output checkbox is to send the same commands to a back up SPAT rig! Yes redundancy!
Note that any changes you do properties wise to the Spat Send interface get done across the board!!!
SPAT Application :
Before to open the attached .JSON project file, lets set up your preferences in Spat Revolution preferences page :
- Hit preference in the right corner. Look for the OSC connection section. You will see 6 OSC slots… Set one to In and one to Out. We will use 2 slots for this.Out will be to go to S6L Send PI. In will be to listen to S6L in SPAT
- Set the In IP address by pulling then the menu and choosing the 169.254.x.x of your SPAT application computer
- Leave port # to 53000. This is the port # that you need to put in the Out Port # of the S6L PI.
- Set the Out IP address by putting the IP address of the S6l Console (you will have found this address in the Out IP of the S6L Spat send PI)
- Leave port # to 53001. This is the port # that you need to put in the In Port # of the S6L PI.
- On the 8 checkboxes (Ping-pong, Source, Room, etc) you will for now just engage Source on both the in and out (Basically we are only moving source objects on this validation)
- We recommend in the Spat OSC Main section to activate "Enable commands logs" option to this will help to confirm OSC communication .
Now in SPAT Revolution Setup page
- Open the SPAT test file. S6L_SOAKTEST.JSON. And you now have a session to test
- Right click on the top right SPAT logo and click show mini terminal (Shift F7) … You will see the OSC messages move as you make changes on the page table of the PI.
Testing configuration :
In SPAT Revolution Room page, you will see all your objects in the 3D space.
- You can now move objects from the page table of the console and see them move (and confirm OSM messages with your terminal)
- In SPAT application, on the left side are all your objects. Double clicking on an object number will open the object properties. Changing the Radiation properties for example should as well change the values in the PI (Again the terminal can confirm this)
Great thanks to Hugo LARIN at LS MEDIA for his documentation and files